Old May 18th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default My Daddy Misses Me posters

Werebat wrote:

John Meyer wrote:
Beverly wrote:

While I think this is a good idea, I'd definitely check with a lawyer
first. I know that there could be problems when publishing personally
identifiable information of a minor without parental consent. I
assume the parental consent must come from a parent who is legally
allowed to consent. You may need to limit your posters to those whose
NCP has joint legal custody, I don't know.

But Beverly, don' you know by default all the judges do JOINT LEGAL
CUSTODY.

Yes but I suspect consenting NCPs would get a quick schooling in just
how little this means if CPs complained about their kids' pictures being
put up in public (in a way that casts the family courts in a negative
light).

But you already know this.

- Ron ^*^

Like I say, only bisexuals get it both ways, and who said anything about
this ending up in FAMILY court? I have a fairly good relationship with
my ex, but if we were at loggerheads over this and I had to resort to
this to enforce my rights, the last place I would let it be heard is in
family court. At the most I demand a jury trial and let everything be
heard by a court of my peers. And like Tom Martino says when somebody
threatens to sue him, "discovery is a bitch".
This I think would particularly hold up if you have an order of custody
and/or visitation rights, which is what I initially said you should
limit it to. Privacy is not a right to violate the law and get away
with it.