Old May 27th 04, 04:11 PM
Jane Thorpe

Default "new" morning sickness cure

ginger worked for a couple of days for me but only if I ate it constantly
My hubby worries about me so has been traipsing around health stores
asking for cures I keep telling him it will pass lol! So far he has
been told that magnesium can work so I now take a calcium/ magnesium
supplement daily. Also there is a homeopathic remedy called nix vomica or
naux vomica or something that is supposed to help and is safe for pregnancy.

someone else told me to try sour candy! And I also sip cups of Second Cups
cranberry drink mix which REALLY helps. Apart from that I find eating SMALL
amounts regularly helps.

With my 2nd pregnancy I was still being sick at 22 weeks so was referred for
accupuncture.

Bws
Jane

"A&G&K" wrote in message
A new study (Smith C et al. A randomized controlled trial of ginger to

treat
nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:639-45) has
apparently discovered that ... wait for it .... *ginger* works as well as

B6
for morning sickness.
.... all I can say is that ginger *didn't* work that well for me.
The news article about the story is he
http://tinyurl.com/3apzr

Amanda

--