Old May 29th 04, 02:51 AM
Donna Metler

Default "new" morning sickness cure

"A&G&K" wrote in message

"Jane Thorpe" wrote in message
news:Kyntc.569111$Pk3.512560@pd7tw1no...
ginger worked for a couple of days for me but only if I ate it

constantly
My hubby worries about me so has been traipsing around health

stores
asking for cures I keep telling him it will pass lol! So far he has
been told that magnesium can work so I now take a calcium/ magnesium
supplement daily. Also there is a homeopathic remedy called nix vomica

or
naux vomica or something that is supposed to help and is safe for

pregnancy.

someone else told me to try sour candy! And I also sip cups of Second

Cups
cranberry drink mix which REALLY helps. Apart from that I find eating

SMALL
amounts regularly helps.

With my 2nd pregnancy I was still being sick at 22 weeks so was referred

for
accupuncture.

Bws
Jane

I found that nibbling a little bit of cheese (cheddar) or some dried
apricots helped to knock the nauseous feeling on the head for a while.
When actually vomiting though, I discovered that I could "talk" myself

into
stopping the heaves. ...I only ever threw-up about 2-3 times a week (for
about 16 weeks with DD and about14-15 weeks this time) but I did always

feel
a lot better immediately afterwards.
I tried chiropractic treatments and the sea-sickness bands and ginger and

B6
and nothing really worked that well.

Throwing for 22 weeks is a little much though ...

Amanda

I'm not really throwing up much at all with this one-but I'm queasy almost
all the time. I'm on B6, but I'm not sure I didn't prefer the occasional
attack of sudden nausea vs this constant queasiness.

9 weeks done so far, so surely this stage can't last TOO much longer,
right??

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003