Old September 15th 03, 03:37 PM
Doug

Default Ex Giants player sentenced-DYFS wrkr no harm noticed

Kane writes:

So far, Doug, you have stuck to your story of fatalies in foster care
being the same as fatalities caused by foster caregivers.

No such information is available.

The chart in question said clearly, By Bio parents, and IN foster
care. They were not being COMPARED, yet you continually, along with
other fools use data that does not say what you claim it does to make
a claim that foster caregivers have a higher rate of killing children
than bio families do.

Hi, Kane!

My statement and the cited reference distinctly DID NOT say BY bio-parents.
The references I cited provided data for fatalities due to abuse/neglect
occurring overall in the general population (including foster care) and
fatalities due to abuse and neglect occurring in foster care.

Let's take a look at my now thrice-repeated statement with its citations.

The rate of child fatalities due to abuse neglect in 2001 was 1.81 per
100,000.
http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cb/...five.htm#child
The rate of child fatalities due to abuse and neglect occurring in foster
care was 3.40 per 100,000. http://tinyurl.com/n1ma

Let's look at the first reference for the mention of "by bio-parents" you
insist is there.
http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cb/...five.htm#child

Looking down the USDHHS page referenced above, we come to the pertinent
passage, which I quote exactly.

"For 2001, a national estimate of 1,300 child deaths at a rate of 1.81
children of every 100,000 children in the population died from abuse or
neglect. Many States were able to supplement the automated data from the
child welfare agency with statistics from other agencies in their States.
Included in the reported 1,300 fatalities were 150 fatalities reported from
such agencies as health departments and fatality review boards.

"Deaths that occur while a child is under the custody or supervision of the
child welfare agency are especially egregious. Child protective services
(CPS) in 48 States reported 18 deaths that occurred in foster care. Of
these, six deaths were reported by other agencies such as the coroner's
office. Approximately 1.5 percent of child fatalities reported by the States
occurred in some type of out-of-home placement setting."

Kane, where in this reference is there any mention of "by bio-parents"?
There is no problems with differentiation between "in" and "by" because both
populations are defined by "in."

Unproven and you won't admit it. ALL your claims are poisoned by that
stubborn refusal to differentiate between IN an BY.

The chart cited was not posted for such comparisions and you know it.

The narrative cited does make a comparision. The exact breakdown in foster
care among the 48 states reporting is provided in my second citation.
http://tinyurl.com/n1ma

And in this instance we are discussing, the claim isn't even what you
say it is. We aren't discussing up or down, but what The Plant's
intent it.

We most certainly were discussing up or down.

Fern's initial statement beginning the thread was that occurances of
fatalities due to abuse and neglect had not gone down. You inaccurately
challenged her assertion by stating that, since population had gone up, the
RATE of fatalities had gone down. You called her names for that. I replied
that, in fact, the RATE of fatalities had not gone down . . . that you were
wrong.

And yours.

Your campaign to turn child welfare into a fascist exercise has been
well documented here, by you.

How is reporting the accurate number of child fatalities due to abuse or
neglect a "fascist exercise?" Are you saying that if rates of fatalities
have not gone down, as you inaccurately claimed, then child welfare practice
is fascist? Or are you saying that the claim that child welfare agencies
have been unsuccessful in reducing child fatalities is the same as calling
those agencies fascist?

The bottom line is you are pushing for a police state.

LOL! Holding CPS agencies accountable for protecting children against
lethal child abuse is a call for a police state? Expecting that children
placed in the care of state agencies will not be killed by their caretakers
is pushing for a police state?

I think the thrust of the discussion in this thread has been reportage of
the number of children who die at the hands of a police state.

Go **** up a rope.

I would be willing to give it a try if such an action would bring back any
of these children. But it won't. All we can collectively do is work toward
reform of the child welfare system so that increasing numbers of children do
not perish in the future.