Old October 1st 04, 03:11 PM
Lisa

"lm" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:25:57 -0400, "Tiffany"
wrote:

So my downstairs neighbor seems to be having issues. There is a little

boy
(1st grader), the mother who is deaf (I don't know if its completely or

not)
and who I think to be just the boyfriend, not the real father or husband.

We have over heard the BF yelling at the little boy, calling him sissy

boy
and other not so nice things while trying to teach him to catch a
football.... throwing the football at the kid pretty hard, in order to

teach
him to be tough. Yeah, we hate this guy. I wonder if Mom even knows how

bad
he is being to this boy, is she can't hear what goes on. The mom, I would
say appears to be sad and depressed. It must be tough for her. We haven't
really been able to talk until last week when my daughter had our pet
hamster outside and the neighbor mom brought out her hamster too. We

still
didn't get talk/write but I was able to see how mom and son interacted.

Son
is taking on BF's behavior without a doubt.

Last night major yelling was going on, we could hear it since the windows
were open. The yelling of course is one sided..... he was yelling at the
mom. So I wonder if she is not completely deaf, because why would the
asshole bother to yell then? So maybe he has to yell for her to hear him,
though they can be seen signing. After yelling at Mom, I suppose it

turned
to the boy who was told he was bad, was not to come out of his room even

pee, was not allowed to play outside because he couldn't listen...... I

type
it here and it may not sound so bad but it wasn't put so nicely and he

was
yelling. This was loud enough that other neighbors were

watching/listening.
They were in a position they could see in, maybe watching to make sure he
wasn't hitting anyone.

Would it do any good to call the authorities, as yelling probably isn't a
crime? I should note that the boy has no hearing issues, so this BF

doesn't
need to yell at him. What would you all do? (I would love to kick this

guy
down real hard....... my daughter wants to also.)

Please interfere. Please talk to the wife when he's not around. Please
make the child welcome. Please call the authorities.

lm

Sorry Tiff, I'm of the mind your own business but keep your kids away camp.
Of course, this is with the disclaimer that imminent danger would require a
very quick 911 call.

We have neighbours across the street, we call them "The Gruesomes".
He's a total asshole and holds nothing back when he yells at his daughters,
or wife, in the house and out. Unfortunately, we can't pick who buys
houses around here.

If you rent, you can complain to the landlord about noise, but as far as
intruding into their personal lives (fights), stay out of it.

Lisa