Old March 29th 04, 06:25 PM
toypup

Default Bleak over a baby (semi-OT)

"Liz S. Reynolds" wrote in message
In article

,
Anne Rogers wrote:
Nope, this absolutely depresses me too. Strollers for little babies

and
baby buckets (car seats carried into stores) depress me. I don't know

why
the mom doesn't like her kid enough to put her in a sling/carrier. I

hope
they all have bad backs.

I cannot understand that, I do it very very occassionally when ds has
fallen asleep in the car seat and I haven't got the wheels with me, I

only
do it because picking him up and transferring him to a sling has about a
99% chance of waking him and then he'll be grumpy if he is still tired.

2nd that. Margaret gets hours of sling time daily, but if she falls asleep
in the carseat, we just unlatch it and it becomes a bucket o' baby.

When said kid doesn't like the sling/ carrier or it's 100 degrees outside,
the sling/carrier would be considered torture. I have owned 5 different
carriers that DS and DD do not care for. They cry the moment they are
inside one of those things. I finally have the UBW that DD likes, but it
will soon be 100 degrees outside and I will spare her the pain. I think any
device has the potential for abuse, including slings/carriers. Babies can
get too much time in those, too.

signed,
Mom who loves her kids enough not to torture them in the name of AP (which
wouldn't be true AP, IMO)