Old July 23rd 06, 05:02 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Etiquette Question - wedding invites

According to the etiquette books, you are not supposed to bring your
present
to the wedding. You are supposed to have it shipped to the couple's house
or
bride's mother's house that way the bride and groom don't have to worry
about transporting the gifts. When you are at the reception, you give
cards
to the best man or parents, but not to the couple directly. You may find
it
cynical, but it's the proper way to do it, according to the etiquette
gurus.

absolutely, but it's often difficult to do in the more spread out and
travelling world we live in. To do it that way would often have cost me as
much if not more than the gift, to either travel or pay postage!

Anne