Old April 14th 05, 09:49 AM
Chookie

In article ,
(Anna) wrote:

I am currently working on a project to investigate if there is any
link between post natal depression and caesarean sections.

Does anyone have any information that supports or disproves this
theory?

I tought it had been widely known that a bad birth experience could be a
trigger for PND. My guess is that even if the CS goes very well, the
situation that caused it to be required could be enough of a trigger. And bad
CS experiences can be very bad indeed, and are surprisingly common.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.