Old March 21st 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default What would you do if.....

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, 0:- wrote:

Correction ***

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, beccafromlalaland wrote:

Doan Wrote:
reasonable:
(rz-n-bl)
adj.

1. Capable of reasoning; rational: a reasonable person.
2. Governed by or being in accordance with reason or sound thinking: a
reasonable solution to the problem.
3. Being within the bounds of common sense: arrive home at a reasonable
hour.
4. Not excessive or extreme; fair: reasonable prices.

So I take it that it is not "reasonable" to spank you kids, according
you?

Doan
Very good Doan. It is Unreasonable to spank any child, for any
reason. Children are precious, Parents are supposed to love them care
for them teach them guide them into productive adulthood.

Spanking has been upheld by the courts (even the Supreme Court) as
"reasonable". It might be "unreasonable" to you but to most parents
in the U.S., it is "reasonable".
We are not a majority rules society. You can relax that argument now,
or retire it. *** Laws are NOT made by majority rule.

Hahaha! Realllly??? You must have skipped Government 101!
You must not understand what you are reading.

I just pointed out it's NOT majority rule. It's representative rule, by
vote.

Representative of what? Of a minority? ;-)

Yes. Exactly that. People who may be in the minority for some reason, or
any reason, are not only protected in our system, they have very real
power. You never have taken a PoliSci class, have you?

Hihihi! Are you so STUPID as to make such a claim in public?

We are not a "democracy," as in pure democracy. More properly we have a
system called a representative democracy.

We are a democracy, a representative democracy. We not a "direct
democracy" but we are a "democracy! To say that we are not a democracy
is simply idiotic!

1500 people in an out of the way district in Montana get to elect a
representative that goes to congress and has ONE vote per issue, against
a congressman or women elected in a district of 5 or 6 million people,
and again, one vote per issue.

Then why does California has more representatives than Alaska, ignoranus
kane0?

AFfromDreamLand