Old June 27th 06, 10:40 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Cost of daycare

Andrea Phillips wrote:
Nikki wrote:
-all- kids, and diapers/wipes for the kids that needed them. And all
that for only about $100-150/week for full-time care!

cjra wrote:
Cost
for those who don't meet the cut-off for low income is $110-130/week,
not sure how low they go on their sliding scale.

Aw, man! =| This is what I get for living in metro New York. Where I
am, we're paying $250/week for full-time care; it includes food and
snacks for older kids, but doesn't include any kind of formula, baby
food, diapers, or wipes.

And, if you can believe it... around here, it's a *bargain* too!

This is a low COOL city, but it's also a very low income city. The
median is about $28K/yr. In my neighborhood - where the places I
visited are located, the median is closer to $20K/yr.