Old June 28th 06, 12:13 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Cost of daycare

"Carlye" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrea Phillips wrote:
Aw, man! =| This is what I get for living in metro New York. Where I
am, we're paying $250/week for full-time care; it includes food and
snacks for older kids, but doesn't include any kind of formula, baby
food, diapers, or wipes.

And, if you can believe it... around here, it's a *bargain* too!

If it makes you feel any better, Andrea, I pay a bit over $150/week for
full-time care, which doesn't include any of the "perks," and I live in
the middle of North Dakota. Considering the difference between the ND
and NY standards and costs of living, I think it sounds like you have
an *incredible* bargain!! Considering what I pay, I would've thought
NY would cost a -fortune- more.

Same here. If you don't qualify for subsidy money or sliding scale, daycare
for an infant/toddler is between $200-$250 a week here. I'm paying $21/day
for a 5 hour MDO program here (although part of that is an upcharge for
early drop off).

-Carlye
DS 6-2-06
DD 9-29-04