Old June 29th 06, 02:01 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Cost of daycare

Andrea Phillips wrote:
Aw, man! =| This is what I get for living in metro New York. Where I
am, we're paying $250/week for full-time care; it includes food and
snacks for older kids, but doesn't include any kind of formula, baby
food, diapers, or wipes.

And, if you can believe it... around here, it's a *bargain* too!

Carlye wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, Andrea, I pay a bit over $150/week for
full-time care, which doesn't include any of the "perks," and I live in
the middle of North Dakota. Considering the difference between the ND
and NY standards and costs of living, I think it sounds like you have
an *incredible* bargain!! Considering what I pay, I would've thought
NY would cost a -fortune- more.

I live in Toronto and pay $1100/month (that's the rate for 12-18 month
olds) at a very well-regarded non-profit daycare. Includes fresh cooked
meals, snacks, and milk and we provide diapers and wipes. For a couple
of months we had her in another, private, daycare centre before her
spot opened up in this place (which is at my work site), and it was
$1400/month. And we were happy to get a spot!! Our dollar is .90/USD

As to the OP I think they are advertising that they provide formula,
not advertising formula.

Elle