Old January 8th 07, 05:58 AM posted to misc.kids
Tai

Default 5 Year Old Child - Discovered Small lump on Back of Head

Billy wrote:
I just discovered a small lump on the back of my 5 year old daughters
head that's about the size of a bean or a very large raisin. It's hard
and non-moveable. It's parallel to the ear towards the
back/bottom/left of her head. Almost feels like part of her head but
it definitely protruding and unlike the other parts of her head. We
never noticed this before.

We first thought this may be the result of her bumping her head on a
table recently although we do not remember an exact location of where
she hit, nor did she complain. That was about a week ago.

She says the bump doesn't hurt, then she say it does. You know kids.
She is otherwise acting normally - eating, drinking,
playing....nothing nuerological of concen. No red marks in the
location of the protrusion. It just looks like skin covered by hair.

Has anyone seen this on the back of their child's head, or anyone?
Could this be a normal development abnormality?

1) Get it checked by a doctor.

2) Several of my children had swollen glands behind their ears for long
periods of time off and on without any signs of illness. One or two lumps
would come up with a bad cold or ear/throat infection and stay up for months
after the original illness.

3) Get it checked by a doctor.

Tai