Old January 9th 07, 12:23 AM posted to misc.kids
Billy

Default 5 Year Old Child - Discovered Small lump on Back of Head

Jenn,

It's not behind the ear. To better describe, it's toward the back of
the head, but *parallel* with the ear - meaning on the same level. I
think what most descibe is more or less behind the flap of the ear -
sort of an extension of nodes pathways coming from the mass of them in
the side of the neck just below the point you describe. What she has is
at least a good inch and a half from the back of the ear, between the
rear bottom center of the head and the left ear. It's in the middle
between them.

Please better describe the location of DS.

I'll keep all posted too. Thanks everyone!

JennP. wrote:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
difficult to know, could be a number of things, most of which would be
benign, I disagree with Jeff on the possibility of it being a lymph node,
I've had lumps in lymph nodes and they don't feel like you describe and
I'm pretty sure there isn't one in that location, if you have problems
with one, doctors tend to examine all possible locations and that has
never been one they've prodded. I do agree though that it's worth a trip
to the doctor, even if it was related to the fall, it doesn't seem to be
on the normal line of healing, the actually bumps tend to go pretty fast.

Let us know how you get on.

Well, I know ds has lymph nodes that I can feel in the same area the OP
described. I found a lump when he was an infant and freaked out. The ped
said they were lymph nodes.

JennP.