Old April 29th 04, 09:38 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default What's in your Diaper Bag?

I liked this part of Angela's answer:

"...A plastic grocery bag is my *favorite* kind of diaper bag, because we
use cloth diapers full-time (yes, even when we go out, and for overnight
trips - I find it no more difficult to wrap up a wet diaper and pack it home
than to wrap up a disposable and throw it in the trash)...."

Here's one essay on the cloth vs. disposable debate...
http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Diaper-Not-Clear.htm
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioli...5000/5503.html

The "What's in your Diaper Bag" subject line keeps catching my eye I think
because out here on the West coast (probably nationwide?), Capitol One (?)
had a commercial for their credit cards that asked:

"What's in YOUR wallet?!"

Part of the cloth vs. disposable debate involves what's in the ENVIRONMENT'S
wallet...

Ohio State University concluded in 2002 that "No evidence exists that one
method is clearly superior in terms of impact on health, environment, and
economic issues" and that "overall health and environmental issues" are "not
fully understood,"
http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Diaper-Not-Clear.htm
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioli...5000/5503.html

Once the cloth vs disposable debate has been won...maybe we will see diaper
commercials that demand to know:

What's in YOUR diaper bag?!

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS What's the right answer when they ask at the supermarket, "Paper or
plastic?"

Will Angela's favorite diaper bag be the ONLY grocery bag in the future
or....?

Oh yeah - don't forget - OBs and CNMwives are knowingly closing birth canals
up to 30% and it's EASY for a woman to allow her birth canal to OPEN the
"extra" up to 30%...

PROOF that OBs and CNMwives are routinely closing birth canals up to 30%...

According to the Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

WHY are OBs and CNMwives (nurse midwives) waiting until the
head is
out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby maximum pelvic outlet
diameter?

WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads through birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%?

OBs and CNMwives are SLICING vaginas (euphemism "routine episiotomy") -
surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring everything possible is being done to OPEN
birth canals - even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%!

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
Medicine
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2256

PREGNANT WOMEN: It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal to OPEN the
"extra" up
to 30%.
Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out - or deliver on
hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

BUT BEWA "Midwives...encourage...semisitting." (!)
--Yale CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney. Varney's Midwifery. Sudbury, MA: Jones
and Bartlett. 4th ed. 2004:839]

Some MDs and MBs will let you "try" "alternative"
delivery positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting (close
your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

Talk to your MD or MB about this TODAY. (For further details see the
"Criminal medical CAM" URL above.)

MDs/MBs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must - first get the
woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

"Hoister" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

I am doing a design project on diaper bags at school, and I would love
to know wha you bring with you when you are out with your child(ren)!

- what kind of bag do you use?
- what items do you carry for yourself?
- what are your essentials for your child?
- what other items do you carry?

Any other general diaper bag comments will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!!!