Old July 1st 03, 01:57 PM
Kenneth S.

Default Where are all the pro- "child support" (backdoor alimony) folks?

There is a tiny snippet below of something that I posted some time
back, on the subject of why men don't organize adequately to fight back
against a system that is so grotesquely distorted against them. In the
interim, this thread has turned into a big argument between Max and
TeacherMama. I feel like someone who has failed to extinguish his camp
fire properly, and then seen it develop into a huge forest fire!

On the issue of fathers being penalized for speaking out, I have no
statistics, unfortunately. However, I have some experience of seeing
what happens to activist fathers. I'll cite two example that I know of
in recent years. I recognize, of course, that I heard only one side of
the story here, but I still think these episodes indicate what typically
happens. What it amounts to is that mothers' lawyers get hold of this
information, and -- in effect -- get the judges all riled up, because
they tell them that the father is leveling strong criticisms at them
outside the court.

One case was a father who was a deacon in a Baptist church and in every
respect an upright citizen. His wife left him, taking their child. In
the course of subsequent proceedings the father tried to expose what he
saw as improper intervention on his wife's behalf by a local female
police officer who was a member of the church and friendly with his
wife. He told me that he began to encounter serious problems with
getting his visitation rights honored as soon as he started to draw
attention to the police officer's activities on his wife's behalf. We
are talking about a small town, where people in the law enforcement
business all know each other.

The other is a father who, as a result of his treatment in the family
court system, wrote a book on the subject of what fathers should do. In
court, his wife's attorney then began drawing attention to the father's
book, and his other activities on behalf of fathers, with the obvious
intention of stirring up prejudice against him in the mind of the judge.

I doubt whether there are many cases in the U.S. where fathers are
jailed for protesting against the system. However, what frequently
happens, I think, is that fathers who do so are branded as
troublemakers. Judges have all kinds of discretion in these matters,
and they have all kinds of ways of punishing fathers who stand up for
their rights. For several years, I had a leading role in a local
fathers' groups. One reason why I was told I should take this on was
that my children were grown, and there was no longer any way that the
legal system could punish me for speaking out publicly.

TeacherMama wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message

"TeacherMama" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
news99La.83450$%42.58215@fed1read06...

"TeacherMama" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
Indyguy1 wrote:

Dave wrote:

snip to

But why do men fail to organize and protest?

I have a theory on this. It's because of the way so many

have
been
raised.
Women have traditionally been the organizers in families.

They
see
it
that
the vacations, Dr. appts, home repairs, etc. are booked,

the
family
events are
attended, etc. Boys grow into men that have seen their

mothes
be
the
organizers
and then marry women who continue the pattern.

The best way to stop this is for parents to stop raising

boys
expect
this of
women and stop raising girls to accept this as their solo

role
as
women.
Do it
by example and in word.

I'm doing my share.

Mrs Indyguy

I have some theories too, and they're very different from

Mrs.
Indyguy's. I think that very few men are willing to come

out
and
openly
stand up for the interests of men, in situations where those
interests
are entirely the opposite of women -- as is the case in most
domestic
relations matters.

Bear in mind too that men who fight the system are subject to

the
very
real
threat of jail time as well as losing their worldly

possessions
just
because
they are standing up to the system. Women, on the other hand,

at
the
very
worst would simply be told to just "shut the f___ up". Not

much
lose
there.

Why do you say that?

It's called BIGGER GUNS.... ever hear of it?

Why would they go to jail or lose their worldly
possessions because they protested against the system? Now, if
their
protest was in the form of refusing to pay child support, then I

can
see
where that might be true. But organizing and picketing,

etc--why
would
that
merit jail time?

It doesn't, but they get it anyway.

When? When did men get sent to jail for picketing about CS matters?

I said NOTHING about picketing. I referred to men fighting the system;

and
yes MANY of them go to jail for doing so.

And if women were out there picketing with them, why do
you think the women would get different treatment?

They DO when it's a "WOMAN'S" issue.

So there was some particular time when a group of men and women were
picketing, protesting the unfair CS system, and the men were sent to
jail,
and the women weren't? When?

Great strawman.

Do you have any examples
of this happening?

Go to ANY feminazi website, and there you will have your answer.

But you made the assertion, so you must have a specific time you are
speaking of.

Precisely WHAT is my assertion?
Check this out, Chris. It is the thread that you responded to. It was
about men organizing and protesting the system:

********* But why do men fail to organize and protest?*********

I have a theory on this. It's because of the way so many have been
raised.
Women have traditionally been the organizers in families. They see

it
that
the vacations, Dr. appts, home repairs, etc. are booked, the family
events are
attended, etc. Boys grow into men that have seen their mothes be the
organizers
and then marry women who continue the pattern.

The best way to stop this is for parents to stop raising boys to

expect
this of
women and stop raising girls to accept this as their solo role as

women.
Do it
by example and in word.

I'm doing my share.

Mrs Indyguy

I have some theories too, and they're very different from Mrs.
Indyguy's.

******I think that very few men are willing to come out and openly
stand up for the interests of men, in situations where those interests
are entirely the opposite of women -- as is the case in most domestic
relations matters.*********

Chris speaks he "Bear in mind too that men who fight the system are
subject to the very real
threat of jail time as well as losing their worldly possessions just

because
they are standing up to the system. Women, on the other hand, at the

very
worst would simply be told to just "shut the f___ up". Not much to lose
there."

We are discussing picketing and/or having protests. This is the

statement
you made. I asked you to show me where picketing/protesting resulted in

men
losing property/jail time. But not women. It was a serious question.

I responded ONLY to the post and paragraph above. There was NO mention of
picketing.

But the whole thread was on picketing and protests, and men coming together
as a group to protest the system. Which was why I questioned your response.
And, yes, I do agree that men are far more likely to find themselves in
legal difficulties in today's family court system. But I had never seen any
stats on men being jsiled for picketing and protesting