Old June 24th 03, 02:24 AM
Stevet Thompson

Default Gotta keep it from The Children

"P. Tierney" wrote in message news:zCKJa.2217$3d.1395@sccrnsc02...
"Stevet Thompson" wrote in message
om...
Banty wrote in message

[snip]
I'm really, really down deep disgusted with the whole tobacco thing.

It's a
really stupid, addictive, expensive (personally and to society),

destructive,
valueless thing to be defending, to be calling on others' tolerance

continually
for.

As a smoker who finds many common habits of non-smoker's somewhat
irritating, I'll state that as long as people like you can find
nothing better to whine about, I will be grinding my cigarette butts
into the sidewalk, or tossing them wherever I want. I will smoke
indoors whenever I feel there's a reasonable chance that I won't get
caught.

The Problem, Exhibit A.

Fortunately, there is no anti-smoker SWAT battalion in this city, and
so the burden of proof is on non-smokers, who will have to follow me
around wherever I travel in the hopes of catching me with a lit smoke.
Further, since anti-smoking laws are by nature municipal, there is no
legal precident which would allow j. random citizen to apprehend or
detain. Therefore, I feel quite confident that when I smoke in your
office-tower's stairwell, or in the bathroom, or even when I blow
smoke in your church's HVAC intake, there is little chance that I'll
be inconvenienced in the slightest even if caught.

Regards,

Steve

--
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.