Old May 4th 05, 11:53 PM

Default Stepdaughter Allergic to Everything

Let me begin by telling you that I am not an allergy sufferer; however,
I have a new stepdaughter who has terrible allergies to what appears to
be everything under the sun. Her father, my husband, has custody over
the girl and her brother for a two-week long period during the spring.
Naturally, he wants his children to come to our house, which includes as
its residents a Persian feline (who will be vacationing at my friend's
home for the length of the girl's stay) and an admittedly untidy woman.
Of course, I plan on cleaning top to bottom before the girl arrives. It
may take some time, as the cat has lived here a while and has laid claim
to all available surfaces as her personal shedding grounds. I'll also
stock the kitchen with enough ice cream and Benadryl to keep my
stepdaughter content for her next fifty visits. Any other advice for
temporarily allergy-proofing my home?