Old May 5th 05, 01:03 AM
Larry Weil

wrote in news:MPG.1ce2f22f98396bf3989685
@news.prodigy.net:

Let me begin by telling you that I am not an allergy sufferer; however,
I have a new stepdaughter who has terrible allergies to what appears to
be everything under the sun.

I plan on cleaning top to bottom before the girl arrives.

Any other advice for
temporarily allergy-proofing my home?

Make sure when you clean that the cleaners you use won't contain
something she's allergic to. If you can't find anything that's supposed
to be hypo-allergenic, at least try to use fragrance-free cleaners.
Also, try to get personal products (soap, shampoo, etc.), that are
fragrance-free for her use. For some people, even having a bar of
regular soap in the bathroom can trigger their allergies just from the
fragrance getting into the air.

Disclaimer: I'm not an "expert", this advice is based on personal
experience and common sense only.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH