Old December 23rd 05, 12:56 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

In ltCqf.6734$NS.3243@dukeread04,
Jess wrote:

*
*"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
roups.com...
* Hmmmm... I wonder if Chris does decide against a V, if we can find a
* better length for the strings? And why couldn't the strings be removed
* entirely? Like before the thing is even inserted? If there's no
* string, then there's nothing to poke, right?
*
*My doc left the strings long for the first month because if I did a partial
*expulsion or it tried to perforate, he figured having the strings there
*would be better than not. Once that first month passed, he snipped 'em all
*the way down.

"all the way down" to where? Surely he couldn't have trimmed them so that
they were shorter than flush with the opening of the cervix, unless he
dilated your cervix? Because you can't open scissors inside the cervical
canal really. Oh ouch it hurts to think of it...

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth