Old February 5th 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Man wrongly convicted now owes $38,000 in back child support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

..

To say
that they (the state) didn't know where he was, let alone how to get a
hold
of him at a moments notice, to have a review of his C$ payments is to
claim
that the world is flat and that the moon is made of green cheddar cheese!

I'm sorry, perhaps I missed something here - where did you see anyone
saying anything about the state knowing where he was?

Come on, Moonie, wake up and read it again. He was INCARCERATED in a
STATE
PRISON. The state cannot, ever, make the claim that they couldn't find
him.

I don't believe that claim was made anywhere.

And for the state to IGNORE informing him of his rights (in this case, to
reduce or stop his C$ while he was in their custody) is of such
magnitude,
that there should be a Federal inquiry.

As far as I'm aware, the state is required to tell him of his criminal
rights, in criminal proceedings. Seems to me that the 2 are separate, and
unrelated.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that the guy not only screwed up in
criminal proceedings, but then further screwed himself by not tending to
his other obligations? Doesn't he have any personal responsibility in how
he runs his own life?

Your whole argument about his not receiving a notice from the state is
utterly foolish.

Why would he have received a notice from the state?

My husband receives a notice every year that he can have his cs payments
reviewed if there is a significant change in circumstance. He gets these
notices both from the state we live in and from the state the child lives
in. They don't notify cs obligors of this in your state?