Old June 24th 03, 03:49 AM
P. Tierney

Default Gotta keep it from The Children

"Stevet Thompson" wrote in message
om...
"P. Tierney" wrote in message

news:zCKJa.2217$3d.1395@sccrnsc02...
"Stevet Thompson" wrote in message
om...
Banty wrote in message

[snip]
I'm really, really down deep disgusted with the whole tobacco thing.

It's a
really stupid, addictive, expensive (personally and to society),

destructive,
valueless thing to be defending, to be calling on others' tolerance

continually
for.

As a smoker who finds many common habits of non-smoker's somewhat
irritating, I'll state that as long as people like you can find
nothing better to whine about, I will be grinding my cigarette butts
into the sidewalk, or tossing them wherever I want. I will smoke
indoors whenever I feel there's a reasonable chance that I won't get
caught.

The Problem, Exhibit A.

Fortunately, there is no anti-smoker SWAT battalion in this city, and
so the burden of proof is on non-smokers, who will have to follow me
around wherever I travel in the hopes of catching me with a lit smoke.
Further, since anti-smoking laws are by nature municipal, there is no
legal precident which would allow j. random citizen to apprehend or
detain. Therefore, I feel quite confident that when I smoke in your
office-tower's stairwell, or in the bathroom, or even when I blow
smoke in your church's HVAC intake, there is little chance that I'll
be inconvenienced in the slightest even if caught.

Maybe I'll leave by your credo and start dropping the drawers
and crapping in public places. And they don't like the smell -- tough!
I'm livin' free, man!!! And there are no anti-crapper SWAT battalions
in this city, so people will have to follow me around to catch me.
And then what?!?! No legal precedent allows j.random citizen to
apprehend and detain me and my crap.

So... yeah! Let's give those uptight !^@#@ what they deserve!!!
If they don't like the smell of my feces on the street, they can go
to freakin' China!

Man, I feel so intelligent.

P.
Tierney