Old August 20th 03, 12:25 PM
Penny Gaines

Default Kindergarten - my child "going postal" every morning...

dragonlady wrote in
:
[snip]
It gets worse in some ways: there have been several times when the
school needed to reach me, tried me at home and at a work number -- then
left my kid in the nurses office for the rest of the day when they
couldn't reach me, instead of calling their Dad! (I was told that they
hate to bother men at work; this was less than 10 years ago, and I was,
frankly, too stunned to even respond.)

Do the school just have the parents' numbers? Over here, the schools my
kids go to have always asked for numbers for other people, in case the
parents are unavailable. So, in the situation described, they would have
tried me, and then tried the other alternative numbers.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three