Old November 16th 07, 11:22 AM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

Chookie wrote:
In article .com,
Beliavsky wrote:

It's not a matter of status, and it would not be mostly for my sake.
Since I think more intelligent people create benefits for society,
based on the research I have cited, I will try to encourage my kids to
marry smart and good people and have lots of kids. I'm not sure how to
accomplish that, but I have plenty of time to think about it.

On average, less intelligent and responsible people have more kids
than their opposites, and that's a bad thing for society. Some people
worry about global warming. I worry about this.

If you want to get into eugenics, I suggest you try a breed less complex than
humans. Budgies, maybe.

snort Love that line... ;-)

It depends how simplistic Beliavsky wants to be about it. "If my
daughter marries a smart man then she'll have smarter children" has
holes in the logic that you could drive a truck through. "Marrying a
smart man is one of many ways in which my granddaughter can maximise her
chances of having smarter children" is a lot more realistic, and I
suspect it's a much more accurate statement of his beliefs.

Whether marrying a smart man in a calculated attempt to get smarter
children is a *desirable* thing to be aiming to get your daughter to do
is a completely different matter, of course.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell