Old September 30th 06, 05:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
KR

Default NIP in church? Appropriate?

Jesus also ate breakfast every day, but I wouldn't sit in church and
eat my bagel and coffee... I'm not against nursing in church, but the
reason I wouldn't do it is because then I couldn't stand up for the
psalms and such and the rest of the congregation would. When I've had
to breastfeed during a service I would go to the nursery and do so. It
is just a personal preference, I nip anywhere else.

KR

Irrational Number wrote:
cjra wrote:

I was shocked when I read on another chat board a woman - a young
woman, in her 20s, who says she NIPs herself - stated that it was
inappropriate in church and was offended when a woman did. And what's
more, many people agreed it was the one place where it wasn't
appropriate.

I'd think it was the one place that was most appropriate! Madonna and
babe and all that. Even in the few very conservative Catholic churches
I've been in, such a scene is welcomed. I'm beginning to think it
really is all the old folks who support NIP more than the young ones.

Absolutely appropriate. Jesus was breastfed.

-- Anita --