Old July 4th 03, 04:40 PM
Michael Hamm

Default car seat problem

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:14:31 EDT, Allen McIntosh
wrote, in part:
My car doesn't have LATCH, so I must affix my car seat to my car using
the car's seatbelt. But every seatbelt in the car automatically
extends on demand, even when once extended. The car seats'
manufacturers warn against affixing the car seats using such seat
belts, but I don't think (am I wrong?) that there are any other sorts
of car seats.

If these are one piece lap-shoulder belts (single belt runs from anchor in
floor, through buckle and then behind seat or into pillar, then you
can fix this with a locking clip. These used to come with car seats,
along with instructions on how to use them. If you don't have one, try
contacting the manufacturer.

Some sort of clip came with the car seat, but is meant (according to the
car-seat instructions) to be affixed to the seatbelt near the latter's
buckle, so as to prevent the seatbelt from moving as follows:
{The slack in the shoulder part moves down to become part of the lap
part.}
However this doesn't prevent more shoulder-part slack from appearing,
which is what I need. The Mighty-Tite, which someone else recommended
(thanks!), seems to do just that.

Thanks for all your help, folks,

Michael Hamm
BA scl Math, PBK, NYU