Old July 14th 03, 10:26 PM
Moo

Default The name game...and it's challenges...

We chose Daniel for exactly this reason--it is spelled the same and pronounced
almost the same in practially every western country.

"Cheg" wrote in message ...
Hi everyone

My wife an I are expecting in September. The baby's sex will be a surprise
and we're in the process of choosing a name. The challenge here is to find a
name which can be pronounced right (and spelled easily), no matter what
language it's pronounced in! We live in Canada, I'm French Canadian and my
name has been mispronounced all my life. My wife's family name is French as
well, and it also has been pronounced every which way but right.

So far, we have Sasha (not S-a-[Alt+0154]-a!) for a boy and Maya for a girl
(I like Aïsha too).

Any other names you can come up with? Boy names are harder to find! We're
also very aware of the nickname factor...

Thanks