Old April 4th 04, 08:51 PM
Carol Ann

Default Quick introduction of myself :)

- You'll need nursing pads within 2-5 days - depending on when your
milk
comes in.

Actually, you may not, although it's definitely a good idea to have a

small
supply in. I haven't leaked at all, and DS is now 5 months old. I mention
it because I sometimes worried that it meant I wasn't producing enough
milk. It didn't!

Not really a product, but I'd suggest thinking now about setting up a
really comfortable "nursing station", somewhere you can happily sit for
hours at a time, since you'll be nursing a *lot* in the early weeks at
least. We have a rocker-glider chair, which is wonderful - if buying new
furniture is something you're going to be able to and want to do, I highly
recommend considering one. But just things like making sure you have
somewhere comfortable to sit with access to entertainment e.g. TV,
telephone, table for water etc., might save you scrabbling to sort that

out
later.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

I certainly wish I had the glider and ottoman. I use the boppy pillow and
other firm pillows and tend to nurse where I can see a television to keep me
occupied on her long feedings.

I suppose it would be better if I nursed and spoke more to her, but she
tends to fall asleep so quickly. I also think I should get a cd player for
the nursery so that I can play music while I nurse. Hmmm??

It IS important to think a few steps ahead though. Having your drink,
telephone and remote nearby is very important. I can't tell you how many
times the phone rang and I couldn't get to it b/c I left it in the other
room!

~Carol Ann