Old April 5th 04, 05:51 AM
Irene

Default Quick introduction of myself :)

(Elana Kehoe) wrote in message ...
Jill wrote:

But I would like to ask....what do I need to have on hand to get started?? I
want to be sure I have the few things I need before I have the baby so I can
just focus on the baby when we get home and can just go to it!

Good job making the decision! You can do it, we'll all help.

My mother's rule was to have one book that was only for nursing
sessions. That way you would have to relax, cause you wanted to read
it!!

Hmmm...one of my reading strategies was that I had a paperback book of
short stories (that I had already read) near the glider. That way, if
I had to stop & start, it didn't annoy me. Magazines are good for
that, too. I tried to stay away from hard-covers - too darn heavy,
literally! ;-)

Also, learn to eat while nursing - it's a great survival technique.
Just be careful with things like soup - you don't want to burn the
baby! ;-)

Oh, and if you can learn to bf in a sling, you will find life much
simpler. (That's more for a little later, at least, it was for me.
I'll probably try earlier this time, partly because I already know
how, and also to aid in toddler-wrangling).

Irene
(waves from mkp) and who is afraid her bf bootcamp survival method
this time around will involve far too many toddler-oriented videos...