Old October 7th 03, 10:42 PM
toypup

Default dual immersion

"Ruth Baltopoulos" wrote in message
news:zGFgb.697304$YN5.568480@sccrnsc01...
In the town where I reside, the local Public Schools offer
French Immersion and Spanish FLES (Foreign Language in
Elementary School) programs. I have heard more about a
learning lag in the Immersion program than in the FLES. The
immersion has been around for quite a few years longer; I
believe the first High School graduates of the program were
in 2001. All seems well with them FLES has been around
for about five years, and I can't recall hearing anything
other than positive feedback from the parents that I know
who have kids in the program.

Thanks. That would guide me more towards a foreign language program rather
than a 50/50 immersion program.