Old September 22nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Karen

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

She argues that at 11, she's
still a child and should be allowed to trick-or-treat. But she doesn't
stop there...she tries to tell me that she'll be a child until she's
18. (She should have stopped while she was ahead!)

Be glad that she still recognises that she is a child; my 13 year old
step-daughter insists that she is an adult not a child.

If we did trick or treating (we don't), I'd be inclined to let her go
but limit her to friend's houses; if she looks older and is dressed in a
scary way (I assume she will be!) she might well appear intimidating to
some people, especially small children.

Karen