Old December 9th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Doan

Default Teenagers faced with spankings

On 9 Dec 2006, 0:- wrote:

wrote:
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

Straus and Mouradian's 1998 study divided mothers who spanked into three
categories depending on whether they "never," "sometimes," or "often"
spanked as a result of having "lost it." The outcomes for mothers who
sometimes spanked as a result of having "lost it" were significantly worse
than those for mothers who never spanked, and the outcomes for those who
often spanked as a result of having "lost it" were even worse still. But
the outcomes for mothers who never spanked as a result of having "lost it"
were very close to those for mothers who never spanked at all - slightly
worse, but either within the margin of error or too close to attach much
meaning in a study where self-selection bias is present. Note that that
study controlled for only one of several factors that I believe makes a
significant (if not huge) difference in how effective or dangerous spanking
is, yet it ended up with a group of spanking mothers with results extremely
close to the results of mothers who never spanked.

Also, it is important to note that Straus and Mouradian (1998) also
found that, among these mothers, the more non-cp used, the worse the
outcomes. In other words,
the non-cp methods were no better than spanking.

AF

Hihihi.

You are lying again. I've repeatedly pointed out that out of the four
alternatives examined by the study. three were punitive.

So they are non-cp methods are they not? And they are no better than
spanking, are they not? So who is lying? ;-)

Can't debate the actually issue so you just keep repeating yourself.

How quaint.

So no, we don't know that the one that wasn't punitive was no better
than spanking, because it was not separated out from the punitive
methods.

Are you saying that non-spanking parents are all non-punitive?

Too bad you have to keep lying about this, Doan. But then you never did
have a single argument that flew.

Hihihi! the proven liar here is you!

Where's the study that shows that non-punitive methods are no better
than CP, by the way?

Where is the one that show non-punitive methods are better than spanking?
Come on, Kane. Can you look through your file cabinets and produce one?
Come on, just one! ;-)

In fact, we've waited years for the study that shows that CP works
better than any method.

The logic of the spanking advocates. Brilliant.

Hahaha! The logic of an anti-spanking zealotS...

Doan

0 : - ]