Old May 1st 08, 11:20 AM posted to misc.legal.moderated,alt.child-support,alt.support.single-parents
Chris

Default Notify father if moving from Colorado to Kentucky as never married mom?

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

..
..
"grendal" wrote in message
On Apr 26, 5:58 am, Jan wrote:
[SNIP]
OP wants to know about a woman who receives child support from the
father, but was never married to father, if she needs a lawyer.

I decided to ask here because I am reckoning someone will know the
answer without even thinking twice about it and will be able to cite a
particular statute that demands notice be given or a statute that says
no notice need be given.

If this isn't the right newsgroup for this question do you have any
suggestion what group might be better?

Thanks.

Jan

Jan,
With lawyers, usually the first hour of consultation is free and just
because you hear something on the internet, doesn't mean its true.
So the first thing anyone here will tell you... when in doubt, seek
counsel.

IANAL, but IMHO, if he is paying child support and has visitation
rights, then she'll definitely need to work things out. So go see a
lawyer.

She doesn't need to do squat. She can move where she wants and the
government people are not the least bit concerned. Not to mention, she has
at her disposal an unlimited supply of free legal counsel. She's a W O M A N
for crying out loud!