Old August 2nd 04, 06:46 PM
Tori M.

Default "choosing" gifts for kids

"ted" wrote in message
om...
Is it appropriate to mention that you prefer/do not prefer certain
kinds of gifts in a birthday party? For example, is it okay to say in
the birthday invite something like "please bring only a small book as
a present"? In fact I would love to say "please donot bring anything
related to barbie" but I know that sounds off. Personally I detest
barbie dolls and I would be very disappointed if my kid(s) like barbie
stuff LOL. I'm not the pink and frilly kind and I don't want them to
be either.

I have informed my mom that I wanted my kids to recieve more educational
toys then not for gifts. While I dont have a problem with Barbie I HATE the
Bratz dolls so I am hoping we can avoid those. I think one thing that will
help in my quest to get more educational toys is that most of my family
knows I want to homeschool.

This is somewhat related to the other thread about girls' clothes but
I didn't want to cannibalize that thread. I don't know why people just
assume that if it's a little girl's birthday, they must buy
barbie-stuff as a present. Not to mention this friend who's insisting
that she'll bake a big barbie cake for my DD's birthday! That's still
several months away though!

Tell her Thank you verry much but my daughter is really into INSERT
CHARECTER HERE right now and would really love a cake with that on it.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04