Old November 4th 03, 10:02 PM
Kane

Default So much for the claims about Sweden

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:44:29 -0800, Doan wrote:

On 4 Nov 2003, Kane wrote:

Doan wrote in message ...
Instead of post propaganda from a no-spanking website,

The location of the information appears to be logical.

Only to the anti-spanking zealotS! ;-)

why not post the
study by Durrant and let's compare data?

Durrant et al cannot stand up to the wealth of information that

shows
spanking to be detrimental, and rates of child abuse dropping in
countries where spanking is outlawed.

Then post the rates before and after the anti-spanking laws were

passed.
I DARE YOU!

As pointed out previously, child abuse was a seldom reported event in
Sweden unless death or serious injury of the child resulted prior to
the anti spanking law. The law itself caused more child abuse to be
reported as people became more aware of the problem.

The government mounted a very extensive campaign to not only promote
nonspanking alternatives they also mounted a considerable one to make
people more aware of abuse. Go figger.

But going by your comment above, you actually have no idea
what you are talking about.

On the contrary. I know bias and propaganda when I see it.

DO YOU KNOW WHO DURRANT IS??? ;-)

Of course. Joan is the two faced darling of the spanking crowd. While
claiming to support the anti spanking viewpoint about harm to the
children she supports that parents should be the sole arbiters of what
is and isn't abusive.

She is often quoted by right wing conservative Christians to preserve
their right to beat their children and call it spanking.

Anything else?

Do you want to know the truth,

Yes, and it isn't in you.

LOL! I posted fact, you posted propaganda!

I posted opinion. You posted what you called a study that isn't any
such thing. It was a review of other's research. As such it is more
opinion and bias than fact.

And I bet you actually believe
the propaganda is truth! ;-)

You certainly seem to.

How about the "information" that states that
allow paddling "correlate" to higher murder rate??? :-)

Find me some murderers that weren't paddled.

Kane?

Having trouble remembering who you are posting to?

Not at all, Kane9! Not at all! How about the 98% that went to

college
and the 95% that became professionals? Hey, there is a "reason" not
to spank your kids, according to Kane! ;-)

Find me some prison inmates and murderers that weren't spanked. And
don't forget, they drank milk as children too...try to pass that
little piece of garbage off on the unwary.

Take a look at the brain scan information I pointed to recently. It's
all coming down around you vicious savages ears, Doan. Won't be long
now.

Doan?

Doan

snipping the usual blather.

Typical cargo-cult mentality - can't deal with the truth!

The idea that because a child obeys they have been "disciplined" is a
perfect example of "cargo-cult" thinking. Form rather than function.

This is the "report" of a notorious pro spanking bunch of nitwits

like
you.

LOL! And your post from a anti-spanking website is objective???

The subject isn't objective. The subject is always subjective. You'll
just have to learn to live with it, oftenspankedboy.

Logic
and the anti-spanking zealotS, are they mutually exclusive? ;-)

Truth and the pro spanking fanatics, are they mutually incompatible?

It's not a study of spanking. It's a review and opinion of others
work. Poorly written and more obviously weakly supported

propaganda.

What a idiot! It happenned to be the same data that Durrant used
"selectively" to say that child abuse rate in Sweden is down. If
you have read the actual study, she admitted that the data didn't
reach "statistical significant"!!! So what you posted was third-hand
report by anti-spanking zealotS using information that has not
stood up even to casual scientific standard.

Have you read the entirety of the report you posted? While the authors
wish badly to come to some conclusions that protect the ancient
tradition of torturing children when one reads closely they find huge
holes in the information.

For instance they list child homicides as support for the idea that
not spanking raising child deaths by parents...yet, no matter how hard
I search I cannot find a single mention that PARENTS killed all those
children that were murdered.

Now why is that missing in supposedly so balanced and professional a
report?

I notice they also put in numerous disclaimers about collecting
methods for the very evidence they use to support their final
conclusions.

And note, no mention of things that would skew the data like false
reporting of abuse, a common problem. Notice there was a serious
difference in reportage also with police vs cps. In the US it would be
extremely difficult to have one kind of report with the other. CPS and
the police routinely share abuse complaints. Not so in Sweden.

In other words, you silly little smartass twit, it's a mess that
leaves plenty of loopholes for your dedicated child torturers to
exploit.

I'd call that propaganda, wouldn't you?

Nice try.

You, once again, proven to be a fool!

Your're Blowin' smoke up the reader's collective ass's again doan.

You are incapable of thinking
logically.

I am proud to say that I am incapable of thinking with YOUR kind of
'logic.'

I am proud to say you are a "never-spanked" boy! :-)

I am proud to say you are a compulsive liar, as you so demonstrated in
this ngs.

You don't know whether I was or not. Hence you are a liar to say so.
On the other hand you have admitted to being spanked.

Doan

Happy trails,

Kane