Old July 27th 03, 06:43 PM
Steven Starr

Default Child modeling 101 questions

"jersie0" wrote in message
A professional photographer friend our ours recently suggested that we
consider using our 6yo daughter as a model.

From anyone else who has been down this road, does the above sound
accurate? How should daughter dress for the 10-minute photo shoot?

ten minutes photo shoot? You may want to talk to other professional
photographers. Don't take chances with your children. Check and recheck
everything. As a professional photographer, I can tell you, there is no
such thing as a ten minute photo shoot for a six year old (they are very
fidgety at that age) aspiring to be a model.

Here's how your ten minutes shoot is going to play out:

Child's too fidgety, we will have to reshoot.
Parents are making kid nervous. She trust me. You need to trust me.
Too much clothing, let's show a little more of this and that.

Folks, any photographer that gives you the advice that you were given is
either full of crap, or they are fakes. You lose nothing by getting
additional opinions.