Old August 16th 04, 04:08 AM
Mark

kalanamak wrote in message ...
Pardon, I'm new at this. 2 year old, very active in dirt, gets it under
his nails. If I trim back all the way, I hit skin every now and then,
and I don't want to do this for obvious reasons. I've tried getting him
to claw soap (he likes doing this) and scrubbing it out (he hates doing
this). Not sure he'd hold still for an orange stick, but maybe with some
really special treat. This is a daily problem, usually fixed by an hour
at the Y's pool, but he doesn't go ever single day.
Help.
blacksalt

Use a soft-bristle nail brush at bathtime. It's not too hard to make
up a game for him to play that involves him cleaning his own nails,
but barring him doing it voluntarily, it's also pretty easy to hold a
two-year-old's fingers in one hand while you swipe at them with the
brush.

You're the grownup; don't let your fear of your two year old allow
you to be ruled by him. That's a sure-fire recipe for raising an
absolute monster.

Mark, MD