Old February 11th 09, 07:16 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default nintendo ds

"Ericka" wrote in message
toypup wrote:
I am thinking of eventually getting my 7 yo son a Nintendo DS. I am
concerned about the feature allowing him to hook up with people through a
WiFi connection. I don't mind him playing with his friend, who lives a
drive away, but I don't want him playing with random people and I don't
want anyone contacting him. Is there a parental control feature on the
Nintendo DS? Is there a safety feature built in?

Where is he going to find a WiFi connection? At
your home, you can configure it so that he doesn't have
access to it with his DS. Is there anywhere else that it's
likely to be an issue?

If he gets it, I want him to be able to play with his friend, so no problem
with WiFi. I just would like the ability to make sure he can only play with
that friend and no one else once he has that connection.