Old July 14th 06, 11:53 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Brookben

Default birth control??

Before baby, we used the rhythm method... which worked for 8 years - I
knew I was likely going to get pregnant that fateful night since we
didn't follow the 'rules'. Now, we use condoms. But, since I still
don't have a period (she's 7 months), I find myself nervous at times
since I don't have the telling sign of a period!

Sometimes I think I 'feel' a baby's movements and wonder if I'm
pregnant... I'm too cheap to buy a test... Any other ways of
learning of pregnancy... you know, while we're on the subject.

As for hormone pills, I am NOT a good candidate for such as that. I
did use hormones as a bc many, many years ago and I had a huge adverse
reaction. I wouldn't want to do that again - condoms are the best
choice for us.

Misti

KR wrote:
What type of birth control are all you breastfeeding moms using?

My daughter is 2 months old now, my doctor mentioned the options of the
mirena IUD or micronor (a mini pill). We aren't ready to make a
permanent decision right now and I really don't want another child at
this point. What is most effective? What is easier with less
problems??

We will probably know in about 2 years if we will have another child at
which point we will look at a surgical option for one of us.

Thanks,
KR