Old February 24th 05, 05:14 PM
The Ranger

wrote in message
oups.com...
== Using a district's policies to a parent's advantage ==

Do all districts have policies like this?

I don't know; you'll have to check into it with the school district
where your child is attending.

The district my daughter-units currently attend, the district they
attended prior, and the high school district they will attend (if our
glorious Guşinator doesn't asset-strip the system) each have formalized
homework policies. The guidelines were a direct result of the tension
caused from incoming students from countries that use their primary and
secondary schools to winnow away those that can't from those that will
shape the future. One tool in those other systems is massive amounts of
make-work. Kids that can't keep up flunk out.

It's reaching epidemic proportions, though, and something's going to
have to give...

The Ranger