Old May 30th 06, 12:54 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default this can't be true...

ipinchibite wrote:
I just thought I would spread this little bit of information, but I'm
not sure if I believe it or not...

My husband was watching the news the other morning while we were
getting ready for work. They usually have a topic for preg mom's and
expecting daddy's, mostly about dieting, and nutrition, sleep patterns
etc...

This particular topic was about 'stress durring pregnancy' which, I
have found out there is plenty to go around with all of these hormones
and such. I don't pay much attention to the tv while getting ready, and
I wish I would have this time. My husband stated to me while I was
unloading the dishwasher, that the news said that pregnant women who
stress more durring their pregnancy, have smarter babies. Could that
really be true? I wish I would have been paying attention so I knew
more about it, but I didn't.

If it is, my baby will be a genius. I haven't been stressed about this
pregnancy, but the last 8 months have been pretty much the most
stressful of my life, including when I was writing my dissertation
which I was convinced was the most stressed I would ever be.

Between my work being insane and demanding, and trying to restore our
1890s Victorian so we have one room complete (and safe) before baby
comes, and a million other demands, I've been incredibly stressed,
despite my best efforts to relax. I don't think it's good for the baby,
it's not good for *me*!