Old June 1st 04, 09:36 PM
Elitsirk

Default Charting BBT - Highs and Lows

Shannon wrote in message news:2004053113031616807%shannonNOSPAM@sdf1net.. .
I was just curious from those of you who chart, what is a typical high
temp and a typical low. I'm reading the book 'Taking Charge of Your
Fertility' and it looks like 97 is the low and 99 is the high.

Mostly I'm just trying to get an understanding of the variation that
would occur. Also, I'm on CD 39 and starting last night I started a
slight dark brown bleeding. My temperature is only 97.5, which seems
low for both luteal phase and for pregnancy. I'm thinking it is
possible that I may have not ovulated at all this month. I really wish
I had started charting earlier.

Shannon

When I was charting, my low was between 96.9-97.2 normally, and my
highs were between 97.8-98.2. I don't think I ever saw a temp as high
as 99, even after I was pg. My lowest was probably 96.6 or so. A
97.5 could fall into either LP or pre-O temp range depending on the
time I took my temperature, and the temps immediately around it.
Remember that you need to be looking for a *pattern* of temperatures,
and not any one specific number to tell you if you've O or if you're
pg. You can have spikes and dips that don't really mean anything.

If you think you haven't ovulated yet, just keep charting--eventually
your temp will go up and stay there for a while when you hit your LP.
Also, though it sounds like you know this, cd1 is the first day of
bright red flow, and not the brown stuff. Once I figured that out, my
O day started looking a lot more predictable, since I tended to spot
for a day or sometimes 2 before AF really kicked in.

Good luck

--Elit.
#1 due 9/20/2004