Old July 25th 03, 05:17 PM
silver C

Default Mosquito Bites... HELP!!

Tsu Dho Nimh wrote in message . ..
(Spryte) wrote:

I was hoping to find some help for my 10 year old daughter. She's been
going to camp and comes home everyday with dozens of mosquito bites.

She wears insect repellent and reapplies often.

Change brands. Some work better than others, and it varies
from person to person.

Avoid scented soaps and lotions and perfumes.

She takes Benedryl,but they still itch.

For some persons, a local anaesthetic cream or lotion works
better. An antihistamine cream applied right to the bite is
better than benadryl orally.

Also, try a cortisone cream and see if it's better.

She has scratched a 'lot' of them open and
continues to scratch at the others.

One trick my dad taught me ... don't scratch bites, slap them.
If you slap or strike (use the marble-shooting motion of thumb
and forefinger) the bite, you get almost as much relief as
scratching, without the skin damage.

Tsu

Have you heard of a little gadget where it gives a very slight
electric shock on the place where the mozzy has bitten you? I think
its called a bug zapper?
It is available in the uk , it might be worth a look on the internet.I
know Boots stock it. Hope this helps