Old January 31st 04, 07:53 PM
Ivan Gowch

Default Fern's Predictions! Still ok for parents to spank in Canada as predicted

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:18:58 -0600, Carlson LaVonne
wrote:

==Fern,
==While not legally banning spanking altogether, Canada made great strides
==in it's efforts to protect children from physical assault in the name of
==discipline. Is that what you predicted? Is that what you hoped for?
==
==And yes, it does appear that it may be more problematic for teachers to
==physically assault children.

I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but
although it ruled that teachers may legally use
"reasonable force" to restrain out-of-control kids or
to break up fights, the Supreme Court said the
use of corporal punishment by teachers is
"unacceptable."

So, from yesterday forward, no teacher in Canada
may deliberately hurt a child, "by way of correction,"
or for any other reason.

I don't believe a single school board in Canada
has allowed c.p. in its schools for quite a few
years now, but there are private religious schools
that have, and that should now be finished.

[Why is it that the more religious people are, the
greater their tolerance for abuse of children,
minorities, other races and creeds? If we really
want to make the world a better place, we should
struggle to wipe out religion, wherever it raises
its foul head. For certain, we should keep our
children as far away from religion and the religious
as possible, since both are deadly dangerous to
their mental, spiritual and physical health.]

--

The virtue most often rewarded is patience.
-Ivan Gowch