Old March 6th 05, 06:27 PM

Howdy Looking for naming advice for a boy. The happy couple was

considering distinctive names that are still recognizable. They got
their short list down to "Sebastian" and "Sylvester". I notice
Sylvester is overall more common but has declined in popularity in
recent years.

Please offer any advice as to which name you would choose. Thanks!

Neither - Sebastian is a cartoon crab, and Sylvester is a cartoon cat.
The poor kid's going to either be spoken to in a Carribbean accent
("Under the sea...") or with a lisp ("I tawt I taw a puddy tat!"). I
know that kids will find something to tease anyone about, but it's
better to not make it quite so easy.

I would recommend Spencer or Stephan if they like English names that
start with S.

Amy