Old August 19th 05, 07:11 AM
Jamie Clark

I wouldn't worry too much on making it look presentable. It's only for a a
year/year and a half, then you can un-baby-proof it.

That all being said, what about a 6 sided play yard around the base? If
they are too small, you could get two and hook them together. Then the
child can't walk close enough to the steps to bump their head, plus it would
keep them from going up the stairs. I assume bumping the head is why you'd
be wrapping it in carpet?
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"RobR" wrote in message
newsD9Ne.4310$_D4.3425@trndny05...
Any thoughts on childproofing an iron spiral staircase while still making
it look presentable? All we can come up with is a gate at the bottom and
wrapping carpet around it (ick). A gate system will not work the way the
staircase is placed within the room (or would cost a zillion dollars and
take up half the room)

thanks!