Old August 19th 05, 02:12 PM
Nikki

RobR wrote:
Any thoughts on childproofing an iron spiral staircase while still
making it look presentable? All we can come up with is a gate at the
bottom and wrapping carpet around it (ick). A gate system will not
work the way the staircase is placed within the room (or would cost a
zillion dollars and take up half the room)

thanks!

I like Nan's idea for the safety net along the rails but I'm not sure you'd
need to do anything with them. I'd put a gate at the top and a gate at the
bottom. Go up a few steps if you need to find a place where a gate can be
attatched. A few steps won't be such a big deal to watch baby from, a while
stair case would be another matter!

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99