Old August 19th 05, 10:07 PM
JennP

"RobR" wrote in message
newsD9Ne.4310$_D4.3425@trndny05...
Any thoughts on childproofing an iron spiral staircase while still making

it
look presentable? All we can come up with is a gate at the bottom and
wrapping carpet around it (ick). A gate system will not work the way the
staircase is placed within the room (or would cost a zillion dollars and
take up half the room)

We have a spiral staircase at the lake and while I'm the first person to try
to make something blend in with my decor I had no luck. What I finally did
is buy one of those Superyards, bolted the ends to the wall, reversed one
(attached with heavy duty zip strips) to make a gate at the opening that we
latch with a bungee cord. When she gets older we'll have to change that but
it works for now. It was definitly a challenge. And good luck trying to find
one second hand. No where to be found.

HTH,

JennP.