Old August 13th 03, 06:38 AM
Brandy Kurtz

Default Dealing with "mommy dearest"

BTDT! I totally agree with everyone else, you can't leave the baby
alone with her! If you do she will end up giving Alegra some form of
solid foods. My MIL is the same way, and it drives us insane!

Brandy

"Ali's Daddie" wrote in message ...
also posted in am

I am livid with my mother!

Some of you kind of know a little of the background with my mom.

For those who do not... Please don't think that I am being an ass. My mom is
a terrible person, and that is putting it nicely. But, I still think we
should have some kind of working relationship.

My mother and Step Dad are coming for a visit for Labor Day. They have not
met Alegra yet, so this will be their first time to see her in person.

My mother has decided that she is going to give my daughter a french fry or
some mac and cheese or something. I have tried being diplomatic with her.
"Please respect our wishes as fathers" and the like. But she insists. So
finally, I have been forced to take drastic measures. I have told her that
if she gives my daughter anything besides the formula that Jarrod and I use,
I will have her arrested.

I know that is a little severe. But she simply will not back down.

She started giving my niece cereal at about 2 weeks and then other solids at
about 6 weeks (mashed up french fries, pasta, etc) and since then, my niece
has had a terrible digestive problem. She only has a BM about once a week
and it is very painful for her. She is almost 4 years old. My mothers food
choices might not be to blame entirely, but they sure didn't help...

I have tried taking the pediatrician route... "Alegra's pediatrician is very
adamant about waiting until 5-6 months for solids but we will discuss it at
the 4 month visit".. But she still goes on and on how "all my kids had
solids at a few weeks old, and they are all fine".. None of us are fine..
But I won't go into my problems because of what she fed to me as a child...

Anyway... apart from going out of town with Alegra that weekend myself and
avoiding her altogether, do any of you have suggestions on what to do?

Jarrod and I have already decided that our daughter will not be left in the
same room with my mom or step dad unless one of us is with them...

Thanx for readin.. Hadda get that off my chest :-)