Old September 11th 03, 03:33 AM
Cathy Weeks

Default Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide?

(H Schinske) wrote in message ...
wrote:

my FIL is an anesthesiologist and he is explosively opinionated about
using general anesthetic in a dental office -- the death rate of office
administered general anesthetic is pretty high

Is nitrous oxide considered general anesthesia? I thought technically it
wasn't.

I think GA is when the patient is fully unconscious. Unless anything
other than a local (novocaine injections and whatnot) is considered
General? Nitrous, and any sort of sedation like valium would be
considered general, but not "general anesthetic".

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01